Snacking Done Right: Healthy Snack Ideas
Health is wealth. Well if you don’t take care of your health, you’ll be losing all your wealth in medical bills.
Fortunately, there are simple lifestyle changes you can make today to prevent that from happening. Like your diet for example. Replacing that greasy burger with a handful of nuts can go a long way. The right nutrition can also give you a health boost and make you feel stronger and fresher.
Here are a few healthy snacking options that can make a big difference to you.
- Nuts and dry fruits: This is an age-old snacking option that is both healthy and tasty. Not only are they packed with nutrients, they can prevent cardiovascular problems, help maintain cholesterol, improve hemoglobin levels and more. They’re also so easy to carry around!
- Fruits: Grapes, apples, berries and strawberries make for great snacking options. Munching on fresh fruit salad with low fat yogurt is not only healthy but also tasty. Add a pinch of cardamom for that restaurant feel. Need more motivation? It’s great for the skin!
- Sliced Tomato and feta cheese, drizzled with olive oil: Picture this: juicy slices of red tomato, white soft cheese and a glaze of olive oil. If you can’t imagine it – then look at the image below. Now next time you want to whip yourself up a quick meal, you’ll only need these three ingredients.
- Air-popped popcorn: Contrary to popular opinion, you could actually snack on popcorn without feeling guilty. As you indulge in a sappy movie, popcorn can keep you company without adding those unwanted bulges.
- Peanut Butter: Make sure to replace that calorie-laden sweet smoothie with peanut butter. It leaves you rejuvenated without making you sloppy and sleepy. Besides, you don’t have to worry about innumerable calories.
- Broccoli: It is a must include ingredient in your diet. It could be eaten in myriad ways. Steam a few florets and add pepper and salt, roast it and add cheese; choose the method that suits you best or even experiment.
However, the most important thing is to practise perseverance and discipline while moving towards snacking options. It won’t happen overnight but the sooner you are able to incorporate these healthy snack options in your diet, the better it would be for your overall well-being.
If you really want to change the way you eat, a diet consultation might help.
Have your own lost of healthy snacks? Spread the word by leaving a comment below.