Do you spend hours doing your makeup every morning, trying to ‘kontour’ like a Kardashian? We have all been there, trying to get the perfectly chiselled cheekbones and defined jawline look in an attempt to appear slimmer (healthy diet and workout regimen notwithstanding). And more often than not, we end up looking like a silly, even tacky version of the A-listers we so adore and emulate. But there is hope – whether you are a makeup pro or are just starting out in the big bad world of makeup brushes and palettes, these brilliant makeup techniques will help you make your face look slimmer and shapelier. Make sure to take lots of notes or just save this page for future reading.
- Colouring in your eyebrows with a good eyebrow pencil and using eyebrow pomade is a good idea. Make sure your eyebrows are lightly arched in the middle while not being thin or too thick.
2. Always use a moisturising primer on your face and neck after applying sunscreen or moisturiser and before applying any makeup. It smoothens out any imperfections and will make your makeup last longer.
3. Use an orange corrector along with a cream concealer to cover dark under-eye circles.
4. Coat your eyelashes (both upper and lower) with generous amounts of volumising and lengthening mascara.
5. Use a light dusting of bronzer all along your hairline to emphasize your forehead.
6. Apply bronzer along either side of your nose, stopping just before your nostrils. Draw a line down the centre of your nose, all the way down the bridge with highlighter. Blend it all out for a natural finish.
7. Draw in your breath with your mouth open – you will be able to see the bottom of your cheekbones. Use bronzer along this line, right from the ear till halfway to your mouth, and blend.
8. Smile into your mirror and apply blusher (one with a little shimmer) on the fullest part of your cheeks for a highlighting effect.
9. Use bronzer on your jawline to tackle the roundness there and give yourself a more defined jaw look.
10. Use just a lightly tinted lip balm or gloss in nude or pink shades while steering clear of solid, matte, bold colours. Dab some highlighter powder on the cupid’s bow (the V-shaped area above your upper lip) and on the centre of your chin just below your lower lip.
Do you have a big event/special occasion coming up? Book a beauty session with Housejoy and have your makeup done by an expert!