Beauty Tips to Make a Cracker of a Statement this Diwali
This festival of lights let the only noise be the murmers of the people talking about you when you enter the room. Sparkle brighter than the fireworks and shine more than the diyas this Diwali by following a few of these simple makeup tips.
- Wash your face and moisturize your skin.
- Apply a lip balm.
- Use a primer to cover up fine lines and to make sure your makeup stays put.
- Mix some illuminator into your foundation or use a shimmering cream to get that pearly glow. This will let the light reflect off your skin and make it look luminescent.
- Instead, you can use a highlighter on your cheekbones, the tip of your nose and chin to get a sparkling glow.
- For blush, use one which has a little shimmer to stand out this Diwali.
- Pick an eye shadow that goes with your outfit or you choose an orange or cranberry shade. If you’re going for an evening look – try dark green or blue. Blend it in before adding some golden eye shadow to the centre and blending that as well.
- Use a dark kajal on your lower lash line and gel eye liner for the upper lash. You can go bold and try a colored eye liner.
- Adding some shimmer to the edges of your eyes will give you a more festive look.
- Use long-lasting mascara to open up your eyes and make them look bigger and brighter.
- A bold pout is perfect for Diwali. If you’re always using matte lipstick, try glossy lip colors in bright red, orange, coral, plum or even hot pink.
- If you’re breaking away from the pinks and reds, use a darker lip liner like brown. Choose a brown matte lipstick and finish with a gloss to add some shimmer.
- The festive season is an excuse to go all out when it comes to your nails. Use golds, silvers or any nail paint with glitter.
- If you’re going to be wearing different color outfits for various occasions, go for a French manicure or use a nude color and play around with sparkly nail art.
- If you know you’re not going to be too close to fireworks and smoke, you can just leave your hair loose after setting it.
- If you’re going to be lighting and relighting diyas or helping the kids with their sparklers, opt for a bun or a side braid.
Look glossy and gorgeous this Diwali by following some of these simple tips.
Have a specific Diwali makeup routine you’d like to share? Let us know by leaving a comment below.